What we do
This Group promotes the development of traditional building skills and sustainability issues relating to all old buildings across Wales. We provide support through educational events, advocacy on national construction committees and sharing information.
The focus is on the 500,000 buildings in Wales built before 1919.
This year's main CPD event will take place later on in the year in North Wales, final date TBC. The day will be an introduction to traditional buildings and the use of lime. We will cover the considerations that need to be taken into account when selecting materials to repair and maintain old buildings. The talks will focus on the importance of good workmanship and the variations in skills, materials and building styles across Wales. Several case studies will be presented where the speakers will talk through the challenges of selecting appropriate materials and show their finished results. The day has been subsidised by CITB and will cost £25pp.
We will also be running the 2 day L3 Award in Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings. This course will be delivered by Professor John Edwards. It will run in North and South Wales and has been subsidised by CITB - the cost will be £40pp. Dates for this course will be confirmed in due course.
If you would like further information on either of these courses please contact us on email@example.com
Use this website to access:
- The skills directory, designed to help you find builders and craftsmen & women in your area
- Courses and opportunities to further your learning in traditional building craft skills
- Information on how to look after your old building
- Other organisations and initiatives active in Wales on old buildings.
- Craftsmen and women,
- Educational establishments,
- Owners of old buildings,
- Architects and surveyors – in fact, all those with a vested interest in Wales’ historic buildings.
Membership of the group is open to all in the sector.
Please click here for privacy statement